AWStats' reports include a wide range of information on your
web site usage:
* Number of Visits, and number of Unique visitors.
* Visit duration and latest visits.
* Authenticated Users, and latest authenticated visits.
* Usage by Months, Days of week and Hours of the day (pages, hits, KB).
* Domains/countries (and regions, cities and ISP with Maxmind proprietary geo databases) of visitor's hosts (pages, hits, KB, 269 domains/countries detected).
* Hosts list, latest visits and unresolved IP addresses list.
* Most viewed, Entry and Exit pages.
* Most commonly requested File types.
* Web Compression statistics (for Apache servers using mod_gzip or mod_deflate modules).
* Visitor's Browsers (pages, hits, KB for each browser, each version, 123 browsers detected: Web, Wap, Streaming Media browsers..., around 482 with the "phone browsers" database).
* Visitor's Operating Systems (pages, hits, KB for each OS, 45 OS detected).
* Robots visits, including search engine crawlers (381 robots detected).
* Search engines, Keywords and Phrases used to find your site (The 122 most famous search engines are detected like Yahoo, Google, Altavista, etc...)
* HTTP Errors (Page Not Found with latest referrer, ...).
* User defined reports based on url, url parameters, referrer (referer) fields extend AWStats' capabilities to provide even greater technical and marketing information.
* Number of times your site is added to Bookmarks / Favorites.
* Screen size (to capture this, some HTML tags must be added to a site's home page).
* Ratio of integrated Browser Support for: Java, Flash, Real G2 player, Quicktime reader, PDF reader, WMA reader (as above, requires insertion of HTML tags in site's home page).
* Cluster distribution for load balanced servers.
In addition, AWStats provides the following:
* Wide range of log formats. AWStats can analyze: Apache NCSA combined (XLF/ELF) or common (CLF) log files, Microsoft IIS log files (W3C), WebStar native log files and other web, proxy, wap, streaming media, ftp and mail server log files. See AWStats F.A.Q. for examples.
* Reports can be run from the operating system command line and from a web browser as a CGI (common gateway interface). In CGI mode, dynamic filter capabilities are available for many charts.
* Statistics update can be run from a web browser as well as scheduled for automatic processing.
* Unlimited log file size
* Load balancing system split log files.
* Support 'nearly sorted' log files, even for entry and exit pages.
* Reverse DNS lookup before or during analysis; supports DNS cache files.
* Country detection from IP location (geoip) or domain name.
* Plugins for US/Canadian Regions, Cities and major countries regions, ISP and/or Organizations reports (require non free third product geoipregion, geoipcity, geoipisp and/or geoiporg database).
* WhoIS lookup links.
* Vast array of configurable options/filters and plugins supported.
* Modular design supports inclusion of addition features via plugins.
* Multi-named web sites supported (virtual servers, great for web-hosting providers).
* Cross Site Scripting Attacks protection.
* Reports available in many international languages. See AWStats F.A.Q. for full list. Users can provide files for additional languages not yet available.
* No need for esoteric perl libraries. AWStats works with all basic perl interpreters.
* Dynamic reports through a CGI interface.
* Static reports in one or framed HTML or XHTML pages; experimental PDF export through 3rd party "htmldoc" software.
* Customize look and color scheme to match your site design; with or without CSS (cascading style sheets).
* Help and HTML tooltips available in reports.
* Easy to use - all configuration directives are confined to one file for each site.
* Analysis database can be stored in XML format for easier use by external applications, like XSLT processing (one xslt transform example provided).
* A Webmin module is supplied.
* Absolutely free (even for web hosting providers); source code is included (GNU General Public License).
* Works on all platforms with Perl support.
* AWStats has a XML Portable Application Description.