Components of Device Expert:
- Backup configurations, maintain history, compare versions & upload changes, all from a centralized web GUI. DeviceExpert completely eliminates the time-consuming practice of manually connecting to the devices via Telnet or SSH to manage configurations
Take Control of Changes
- Monitor configuration changes, get instant notifications & prevent unauthorized changes
- Define standard practices and policies and automatically check device configurations for compliance. Get reports on compliance status and satisfy your auditors
- Automate all repetitive, time-consuming configuration management tasks
- Get complete record of who, what and when of configuration changes
Improve Network Visibility
- Get comprehensive reports on devices inventory, configuration changes and compliance
- Ensure network uptime, reduce unplanned configuration changes, improve network security, increase overall efficiency
What problems does it solve?
- Analysis by IT experts have revealed that the commonest cause for most Network outages is faulty configuration changes. In IT enterprises, network administrators manage a large number of network devices and quite often they need to carry out unplanned configuration changes. As configuration changes have to be made almost continuously, administrators are struggling to keep track of the changes done to the configurations. In the face of network outages, it becomes difficult to troubleshoot. DeviceExpert helps maintain versions of device configurations in a secure, centralized repository and manage them from a single interface.
- Network devices are the crucial components of the enterprise and any unauthorized configuration change could wreak havoc on the network. Even when genuine configuration changes are done, the security professionals are required to ensure that the changes do not create any impact on the network security. DeviceExpert helps the network security professionals to take total control of the configuration changes.
- With increasing security threats to mission-critical network resources and serious legal consequences of information mis-management, IT managers everywhere are required not just to follow standard practices, internal security policies, stringent Government regulations and industrial guidelines, but also demonstrate that the policies are enforced and network devices remain compliant to the policies defined. DeviceExpert precisely helps in achieving this with ease.
- Automation is the buzzword in IT operations nowadays. IT Managers are always be on the look out for automating repetitive and time consuming tasks in order to reduce operations cost and improve productivity. DeviceExpert helps automate all configuration tasks and helps improve productivity.